In an increasingly digital world, it’s important to protect the online components of your business from potential breaches. General liability coverage typically doesn’t include cybersecurity, so you’ll need a separate policy to be sure you’re protected. When shopping for cybersecurity insurance in Carmel, you want to be sure your business is covered in the event of any digital breach.
The Digital Protection You Need
If a thief broke into your business and stole your merchandise, you would want insurance to cover that. Why shouldn’t the same apply to the sensitive information your business has stored online? Whether you run an entirely online business or you just store digital information from your physical business, that information needs to be protected from virtual break-ins. For complete cybersecurity insurance in Carmel, your policy should include coverage in the following areas:
- Costs associated with informing customers of the breach
- Business interruption coverage in case the breach results in temporary closure
- Credit monitoring services for affected customers and employees
- Liability coverage in the event of privacy or security breaches
- Costs of updating affected systems
Your customers and employees have trusted you with their personal information, so if a breach occurs you want to be sure they’re covered. Finding the right cybersecurity insurance in Carmel can give you and your customers peace of mind.